Tuition & Policies
Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card.
An administrative fee of $5 is due upon registration.
Dance classes are 30 minutes long and offered once a week as a 10-month session beginning the week of Labor Day and culminating with an annual recital held each June. Tuition is due the 1st class of month.
|Group Classes: |
$39 per month
|2nd class||$27 per month|
|3rd class||$22 per month|
|4th+ class||$18 per month|
|$50 per month (per student)|
$60 per month
Discounts only apply to group classes. There are no discounts available for private solo or duet classes, or for the first class after a private solo or duet class.
Dance costumes for performances are an additional charge. A $60 deposit on costumes is to be paid in four monthly installments, beginning in September with the remaining balance to be determined in December. The costume deposit schedule is:
|December 1 ||(Remaining balance)|
RECITAL T-SHIRT FEE
Due by Monday, March 7, 2016 is a $17 charge for a studio logo t-shirt to be worn at the recital and for all community events.
The 2016/2017 Annual Dance Recital will be held on Saturday, June 3, 2017 at Cartwright Hall, located on the front campus of Kent State University. Pre-sale tickets for $13 will be available at the studio beginning Monday, May 1 through Thursday, June 1. Day-of-show tickets for $15 will be available at the door. Dancers do not need tickets. Children under the age of 3 do not need a ticket. All other guests will be required to present a ticket for entry. Please note: Tickets are general admission, seating is first-come, first-serve.
Tuition is due the 1st class of each month whether classes are attended or not. Please note that the tuition pricing remains the same despite holidays and seasonal breaks.
The studio is closed on:
• Winter Break (Monday, December 22, 2016 - Friday, January 4, 2017)
• Martin Luther King Day (Monday, January 16, 2017)
• President's Day (Monday, February 20, 2017)
• Spring Break (Monday, March 27 - Friday, March 31, 2017)
• Good Friday (Friday, April 14, 2017)
• Memorial Day (Monday, May 29, 2017)
• There will be a $15 charge for returned checks.
• Dance costumes for the annual recital are selected by the class instructor for group lessons. Students taking private lessons may select a costume of their choice.
• Make-up classes are offered ONLY if the instructor cancels due to weather or illness.
• Dance students are expected to come to class in proper dance attire, i.e. leotards, tights and/or athletic shorts and pants. Male students should wear a t-shirt and athletic shorts/pants. JEANS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
• Students should wear appropriate shoes for classes. Tap: black tap shoes (tots through intermediate: patent leather with ribbon ties; advanced: black matte finish flat tie tap). Ballet: pink leather or canvas slippers for females; black leather or canvas slippers for males. Jazz: black slip-on or tie shoes. Tumbling: bare feet. Lyrical: nude foot undies. Hip-hop: black high-top Converse (Chuck Taylors). Shoes can be purchased at the following retailers:
Dancer’s Pointe (4954 Darrow Rd., Stow • 330.655.5542)
Payless Shoes (4294 Kent Rd., Stow • 330.688.5975)
Stage Center (908 N. Main St., Akron • 330.535.7816)
In addition to the annual recital, students may participate in public performances at community
events throughout the year.
Kent Memorial Day Parade..............................Mon, May 29, 2017
Annual Recital..................................................Sat., June 3, 2017
Any questions? Call us at 330.673.5419